Warranty and Terms
Subject to our limitations set forth below, for a period of 12 months from the date of your job’s completion and based upon the work described on the front of your written or electronic copy of your quote/signed estimate from Pristine Design.
We will repair blistering, chipping, dripping, peeling, or missed paint resulting from defective workmanship in respect to any quoted painting services project.
For any warranty to be valid the following must have occurred:
- Retain a copy of the original quote/signed estimate or (Invoice)
- Pay the full contract price of our service
- Retain a copy of your receipt to prove full payment of our service
- Make your property accessible to us to perform the repairs necessary
This limited warranty does NOT cover:
- Any work where Pristine Design did not supply the paint or materials, unless written approval has been provided and the material are approved in advance.
- Varnished surfaces are not covered
- Exposure of existing wood grain on oak or heavy grain cabinets is not covered and will be charged at $150 per hour for filling or repairing wood grain
- Exact paint match is not possible as environmental conditions will affect the color and finish of all paints over time
- Any repairs which are necessitated as a result of a defect in the paint if customer provided materials
- Bleeding, caused by knots, rust, dirt, grease or certain wood types
- Peeling, blistering or chipping where they are caused by:
- Structural defects
- Pre existing Thermafoil
- Peeling of layers of paint/thermafoil existing prior to the work performed and the customer choosing not to allow the appropriate and proper prep work to be completed(at the cost of the customer)
- Settling or movement of the property
- Damage or defects caused in whole or in part by reason of flood, explosion, fire, acts of God, extreme weather conditions, misuse, alterations, abuse, vandalism, negligence, or any other similar causes beyond the control of Pristine Design
- Abrasion, abrasive cleaning, abuse, or damage resulting from use of chemicals or cleaning agents or exposure to harmful solids, liquids or gases.
Repairs under this warranty will be performed only on the specific areas where peeling, blistering or chipping has occurred and only to the level of surface preparation described in the preparation section of this Contract.
THIS WARRANTY COVERS ONLY THOSE SERVICES PROVIDED BY PRISTINE DESIGN. THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER NAMED ON THE FRONT OF THE CONTRACT. IN NO EVENT SHALL PRISTINE DESIGN BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE ORIGINAL CONTRACT PRICE. THIS WARRANTY MAY NOT BE ALTERED OR TRANSFERRED.
Renovation Work that is Non Standard
Items considered Non-standard for Renovations work. Please see list below but surcharges are applicable in these cases. These items are not included in any renovation quote unless specifically included in the renovation estimate.
In General Materials are not Included in any estimate/contract unless specifically mentioned in the estimate as “supplied” or “Included” Estimated Cost of Raw Materials is a General Estimate Only and is subject to change based on the project requirements and or any change in the project scope may affect this aspect of the Signed Estimate. We try to provide our best efforts in providing realistic Estimates of the materials that we would use in respect to your project. All estimates are based on basic materials and when customer request premium materials this cost estimate is subject to change either lower or higher based on actual material purchase made by Pristine Design
- Replacing or adding new Sub-floor is non-standard.
- Floor levelling is non-standard and at extra cost to customer if requested
- Plumbing reconfiguration due to new sinks or facets is non standard and will add additional hours or cost
- Baseboards quarter rounds or “shoe mould” is not included as a standard
- Garbage removal is not Included in any of our work unless specifically noted in your estimate as included
- Plumbing Costs are not included unless specifically written on contract
PAYMENT & TERMS OF SERVICE
All Payments are due upon job completion (same day as job completion) and final invoicing. Any late payment is subject to a $200 late payment fee if not paid within 24 hours of job completion.
Pristine Design continues to own all such materials either installed or on a job site until full payment is received.
All special pricing and or discounts will revert back to Full Pricing/Standard Pricing if payment for services is not paid in full as of 10 days of the last day of work performed regardless of how the discount was applied thru, discounts, coupons, vouchers discounts, goodwill credits or any special offers.
Pristine Design reserves the right to invoke all remedies to get account paid including, collections of non-payment and construction lien’s when required. Legal Cost and Administrative cost will also apply in non-payment of accounts and is agreed to in advance of our services.
Minor Patchwork definition (Prep): Minor patchwork should not exceed for that 10 patches per standard room and no longer than 10 minutes of work from our painters. All additional patchwork as per customer’s request will be billed accordingly. Pristine Designs Standards included in our service is 1 Coat of Paint on Ceilings, 1 Coat on Trim and Doors and all wall coverage is 2 coats of Paint coverage with Closets not included for any quotation unless specifically noted on the quotation contract. Kitchen spraying includes 1 coat of lacquer primer and 2 finish coats of lacquer. Any additional repairs or colour changes requested by customer will be billed to the customer accordingly.
Any work completed outside of a job scope and signed estimate (Quoted Service) is subject to a new signed contract before the work will be completed.
All project dates are estimates and may fluctuate within reason due to job timelines and additional work/unforeseen work.
All contracts are subject to a 10 day cooling off period(10 calendar days from the date of a signed contract as per consumer protection act law).
To reserve the Project Date and to reserve the contractors, Client shall pay to Contractor, upon execution of a written contract, a non-refundable reservation fee in the amount of $200. Client understands and agrees that the deposit will be used to secure the project date and purchase materials needed to start the project. In the event that Client cancels the project for any reason, Contractor shall suffer losses that are difficult to ascertain. As such, Client agrees that, in the event of cancellation by the Client outside of the 10 day cooling-off period (10 calendar days from the date of a signed contract), such $200 shall be forfeited by Client and paid to Contractor as liquidated damages and not as a penalty. Client and Contractor agree that such amount is reasonable. Any cancellation by the customer within the 10 day cooling-off period is is subject to a full refund of paid deposit. Contractor will fully refund the deposit amount in full within a 30 day period from time of written cancellation. The contractor has the right to terminate any contract with reasonable notice in which case the $200 deposit will be fully refunded to the customer within a 30 day period
We will maintain a high degree of fairness when contracts are dissolved by either party and are ready willing and able to complete our contractual obligations.